RAM usage is really high and FPS drops during easy games

Sirro5

Hi everyone,

first of all my specs:
I have a Asus Education ZenBook™ 14 UM433IQ-A5026 "E Laptop which is around half a year old but has not been used with demanding tasks yet.
CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 7 4700U OctaCore (2.00 bis 4.1 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB onboard LPDDR4X
GPU: NVIDIA® GeForce® MX350 (@ 1354 bis 1468MHz / 25W TDP)
Storage: 512 GB SSD

My problem is that when I play low demanding games (for example Teamfight Tactics, which I expect to be low in demand) I keep having a lot of FPS drops while it sometimes runs with solid 120 fps. Even putting the graphics to the lowest setting doesn't change anything about this problem.

I opend my task manager and started another round and the task manager showed that during the game 33% of my RAM is used even though I only had the game opend and all autostart applications deactivated. What was really weird is that the sum of all used RAM as shown in the task manager was only 1.4 GB but was still shown as 33%. Could it be that maybe some parts of my RAM are not being used which leads to the fps drops? The GPU was running at around 45 % capacity during the game.

I really hope you can help me since I am kind of disappointed that a laptop for ~1100€ can't even run low demanding games on lowest graphics without lags.

Thanks in advance for your help! If you need any more information don't hesitate to ask.

Greetings
L
satomuffin

is your card driver has the latest updates?
Perhaps it could help. 😃
Bryson

Close Background Apps: Make sure unnecessary programs are closed to free up RAM for gaming.

Update Graphics Drivers: Ensure your graphics card drivers are up-to-date to optimize gaming performance.