PC with no camera, want to use a laptop one & connect them

UKMSc

Hi,

I'm a streamer. My laptop has a camera on it but my PC I stream through doesn't - can I connect them somehow?

I don't want to use my phone if I can avoid it whilst streaming.

I don't want to stream through my laptop.

The laptop and PC are connected via Bluetooth OK, I just can't work out how to stream through the PC and use the laptop camera.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
pcworldforum
Site Admin

If your laptop has a camera and is connected to your PC via Bluetooth, you may be able to use your laptop's camera for streaming on your PC. However, please note that using a laptop camera on a separate PC can be a bit tricky since the camera is typically designed to work with the laptop's own operating system and software.

Here's a potential solution you can try:

1. Install a remote desktop software on your laptop and PC. There are several options available, such as TeamViewer, AnyDesk, or Chrome Remote Desktop.

2. Set up the remote desktop software so that you can access and control your laptop from your PC. Follow the instructions provided by the software to establish the connection.

3. Once the remote connection is established, you should be able to see your laptop's screen on your PC.

4. Launch your streaming software on the PC and set up your stream as usual.

5. Within the remote desktop session, access your laptop's camera application. This will vary depending on the operating system you're using. You can typically find the camera application in the Start menu or by searching for "camera" in the search bar.

6. Adjust the camera settings and position as desired, making sure it captures the content you want to stream.

7. Now, within your streaming software on the PC, select the video source as the remote desktop session. This will essentially capture the screen of your laptop, including the camera feed.

8. Start streaming on your PC, and it should now include the video feed from your laptop's camera.

Keep in mind that using a remote desktop solution may introduce a slight delay, so there might be a small lag between your actions and the video feed. Additionally, the quality of the camera feed may not be as optimal as using a dedicated camera directly connected to your streaming PC.

If you encounter any issues or need further assistance, please let me know.