Slow wifi speed with Wifi Card

Jackson

Hi my brother have a Ryzen Gaming PC with GTX 1080 GPU. He had a older wifi card rated for 300 Mbps but he suffering from lags in online multiplayer games. We have $200 AX router and we PAY for gigabit speeds. but still he got only 70 Mbps TOPS. All the drivers are update and bios installed. What's the issue should we change the Wifi Card?
Sebastian

So you both play games on WIFI ?. Try to connect with Ethernet cable and check if its improves or not. WIFI's are pretty unreliable in gaming honestly as there can be a lot of factor that might hinder that wireless connection.
Jackson

Sebastian wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:01 pm So you both play games on WIFI ?. Try to connect with Ethernet cable and check if its improves or not. WIFI's are pretty unreliable in gaming honestly as there can be a lot of factor that might hinder that wireless connection.
We also tried gaming with wired but that's not the option since everyone in the house has no problem gaming is just his rig
Samuel

What about the latency ? did you check it ? WIFI's are known for huge latency spikes over cabled connections. I hope he's not getting triple digits
Jackson

Samuel wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:03 pm What about the latency ? did you check it ? WIFI's are known for huge latency spikes over cabled connections. I hope he's not getting triple digits
Latency is fine, he is getting 25ms. it just download speeds.
David

Since both rigs are using the Wi-Fi so, you should check your AX network configuration setting and compare it with his AX network adapter. an also make use of the netsh command via the command prompt:
Jackson

David wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:07 pm Since both rigs are using the Wi-Fi so, you should check your AX network configuration setting and compare it with his AX network adapter. an also make use of the netsh command via the command prompt:
Hi this worked for me :D
I just put all the setting at default like mines. Everything seems look good now. I will come back here if it happen again
David

Jackson wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:09 pm
David wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:07 pm Since both rigs are using the Wi-Fi so, you should check your AX network configuration setting and compare it with his AX network adapter. an also make use of the netsh command via the command prompt:
Hi this worked for me :D
I just put all the setting at default like mines. Everything seems look good now. I will come back here if it happen again
Sure your always welcome here