Ram usage with no program running

Sebastian

I often left my PC turned ON over night for some updates and downloading games, the next morning the RAM usage will be 95%. I am using 8GB of ram. I tried to watch background programs running in task manager but it doesn't show any of program but after restarting the PC it go down temporarily. Anyone facing the issue ?

Jackson

Maybe some kind of malware ? did you tried some scan ?
Sebastian

Jackson wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:59 pm Maybe some kind of malware ? did you tried some scan ?
I install different anti-virus Malwarebytes and AVG. Never had anything pop up.
Jackson

Can you tell me the Non Paged Pool value report from the Task Manager ? Task Manager > Performance Tab > then the Memory Page
Sebastian

Jackson wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:12 pm Can you tell me the Non Paged Pool value report from the Task Manager ? Task Manager > Performance Tab > then the Memory Page
The "non-paged pool" is 1 GB. However it shows 7 GB " in use".
Samuel

Finding the leaking memory is the hardest part. Many drivers and services stopped working. Makes sure your all drivers and third-party software are updated and don't forget to use ccleaner. run that default several times and also use the registry cleaner
Sebastian

Samuel wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:31 pm Finding the leaking memory is the hardest part. Many drivers and services stopped working. Makes sure your all drivers and third-party software are updated and don't forget to use ccleaner. run that default several times and also use the registry cleaner
Thanks for the tips. I will surly try it today and run the Ccleaner and GlaryUntilities frequently
David

Try RAMMap v1.60. Its the best software for viewing the running stuff. Run it when the usage gets really high to see if it can pinpoint what's eating up memory.
Sebastian

David wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:36 pm Try RAMMap v1.60. Its the best software for viewing the running stuff. Run it when the usage gets really high to see if it can pinpoint what's eating up memory.
Its seem like a Task manager and didn't show anything different in the Process explorer. Doesn't show any program using memory.
David

Sebastian wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:38 pm
David wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:36 pm Try RAMMap v1.60. Its the best software for viewing the running stuff. Run it when the usage gets really high to see if it can pinpoint what's eating up memory.
Its seem like a Task manager and didn't show anything different in the Process explorer. Doesn't show any program using memory.
It weird and I believe there's something hiding in the background and using the memory at the root level intentionally hiding its presence.