AMD vs Intel in performanc

Liam

I am building 2 new PC's One for my brother ( his birthday is near ) and one for my cousin. I am a cost effective person but i can not sacrificing the performance. So i am here to ask which processor would be good in performance Intel or AMD CPU ?
Noah

Its depends, for which purpose you're building it ?. Are you making a gaming PC or something relate to video editing etc ?
Liam

Noah wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:48 pm Its depends, for which purpose you're building it ?. Are you making a gaming PC or something relate to video editing etc ?
It will be a gaming PC, Since my brother love to play games so i think it will be a great present for him

Noah

Intel performs better in many games, AMD gives better streaming quality especially in video editing and rending . Intel have Singer Core but stronger where AMD has grounded multi thread.
William

Intel is better for Computing, but since its about running the games then I recommend you to chose AMD with ATI graphic card. I7 Processor would be faster in most cases while AMD may not quite fast in other formats so only chose AMD if you don't want to work on daily basis
Liam

William wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:07 pm Intel is better for Computing, but since its about running the games then I recommend you to chose AMD with ATI graphic card. I7 Processor would be faster in most cases while AMD may not quite fast in other formats so only chose AMD if you don't want to work on daily basis
Great thanks for the advice. I would like to chose Ryzen since its just for gaming. Which generation would be better ? Ryzen 7 or 5 ?
William

Liam wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:12 pm
William wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:07 pm Intel is better for Computing, but since its about running the games then I recommend you to chose AMD with ATI graphic card. I7 Processor would be faster in most cases while AMD may not quite fast in other formats so only chose AMD if you don't want to work on daily basis
Great thanks for the advice. I would like to chose Ryzen since its just for gaming. Which generation would be better ? Ryzen 7 or 5 ?
Look your budget first, both chips are good for gaming especially Ryzen 7 buts you have to look your budged first. i recommend you to chose ryzen 5 3600
Liam

William wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:13 pm
Look your budget first, both chips are good for gaming especially Ryzen 7 buts you have to look your budged first. i recommend you to chose ryzen 5 3600
I see, What will be the price of both chips ?. I thinking to get ryzen 7. I don't want to compromise with the performance
William

Liam wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:17 pm
William wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:13 pm

I see, What will be the price of both chips ?. I thinking to get ryzen 7. I don't want to compromise with the performance
Ryzen 7 can give good performance it has 8-corse, while in ryzen 5 have 4-6 core but for gaming Ryzen 5 3600X will Clearly faster than old “Ryzen 7” 1700.
Anyways Ryzen 3 is somewhere around $200 and 7 will be $400
Xbox Guy

In the past, AMD CPUs were the best option in only budget and entry-level portions of the market, but that changed with Ryzen 300 and Ryzen 5000. While AMD still represents great value for the money, it now does so throughout the entire price and performance spectrum, competing with Intel on just about everything and taking a stark lead in a few specifics way.