Upgrading the CPU is enough or not ?

David

So my Pc is 5 year old and its a custom build. My question is can upgrading the CPU make enough of a difference to be worth it or should i change my motherboard/ram/hard ?. I use the PC for gaming and graphic intensive work/design.
Samuel

For which purpose you want to change/upgrate your CPU ?
David

Samuel wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:06 pm For which purpose you want to change/upgrate your CPU ?
I love to play games and graphicly work. I am a freelancer and complete my graphically projects on it. So both are the main purpose
Samuel

David wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:08 pm
Samuel wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:06 pm For which purpose you want to change/upgrate your CPU ?
I love to play games and graphicly work. I am a freelancer and complete my graphically projects on it. So both are the main purpose
You don't need to upgrade your CPU, since the 3570k is enough for both unless you have good GPU. In what respect are things sluggish?
David

Samuel wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:09 pm
David wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:08 pm
You don't need to upgrade your CPU, since the 3570k is enough for both unless you have good GPU. In what respect are things sluggish?
I am not sure about my GPU. I am sorry but i will check it once i open it
Sluggish mostly happen in gaming, also in photoshop projects, which is impacting my work.
Jackson

I think upgrading the GPU would be beneficial, Which model you're using ?
You should take test with your GPU by lower the resolution

If your FPS increase, it mean your CPU is powerful and easily handle the better graphic configuration, otherwise you are likely more cpu limited.
David

Jackson wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:14 pm I think upgrading the GPU would be beneficial, Which model you're using ?

If your FPS increase, it mean your CPU is powerful and easily handle the better graphic configuration, otherwise you are likely more cpu limited.
I just check the GPU its GTX 750 Ti and I lower the resolution and i didn't fell any increment in FPS its stable.
Last edited by David on Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jackson

David wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:18 pm
Jackson wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:14 pm I think upgrading the GPU would be beneficial, Which model you're using ?

I just check the GPU its GTX 750 Ti and I lower the resolution and i didn't fell any increment in FPS its stable.
Its stable, so its clear that you have CPU limited. Better to overlock you CPU for great performance
Last edited by Jackson on Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David

Jackson wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:19 pm
David wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:18 pm

I just check the GPU its GTX 750Ti and I lower the resolution and i didn't fell any increment in FPS its stable.
Its stable, so its clear that you have CPU limited. Better to overlock you CPU for great performance
Well i overlocked one of my Computer and it got damage, and now i am getting afraid to overlocking it too. I rely on this computer for work and if it gets damaged I'm a bit screwed
Sebastian

You can even Play games and work graphicly on core 2 duo PC too, all you need a good graphics card. The current GPU isn't worth for both filed. I suggest you to buy a new GPU.